Wednesday, May 9, 2012

By the Power of Grayskull, I Am...The Zombie Mom!

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?

I'm afraid I don't have a very exciting answer for this one. I realize I could choose a super power to better mankind, but I'm no dummy. You start helping all mankind with a super power and the government is either going to want to experiment on you or imprison you because they see you as more of a threat. Plus, people would never leave you alone. If you have the ability to heal, everyone and their dying guinea pig is going to show up at the door. I imagine that would be quite draining. Any kind of superpower really needs to be low key.

Invisibility could be nice, except when people accidentally sit on you or roll their shopping cart into the back of your legs.

Great hearing would be awesome if you were a bit of a gossip, but with great hearing comes the increased pains of shouting, bass speakers in cars, lawn mowers, and garbage trucks. No thanks.

Flying is cold, turbulent, requires landing, and, let's face it, for the birds! You run the risk of getting shot down, struck by a plane, or attacked by hawks. In my dreams, the only way I can fly is if I stand on my head first, and then it's more of a glide. I can always fly highest when I'm relaxed. When someone is out to get me, I have to stand on my head a lot.
Landscape with the Fall of Icarus 

I would never in my life want to be psychic. I'm already really good at reading people and figuring out their emotions. I don't need to hear their thoughts on top of that. I knew a guy that was possibly psychic according to some other people I know. Oh my goodness, knowing someone might be psychic is way worse than not knowing. I promise you that by even considering a persons might be psychic puts a ton of worse (and dirty) thoughts in your head than normal. Because, at that point, you're thinking about all the things you don't want to think about because you don't want the psychic person to know you're thinking those things!

The most awesome super power would be the ability to clean the house in seconds, just by snapping my fingers (I can't wiggle my nose). I can do it when nobody's around so no one will ever figure out what happened. Carpets would be stain free, couches would be fur free, and every nook and cranny dust free without me sneezing a single time. It would work only for my own house, because in somebody else's house I wouldn't know where everything goes. Therefore, it wouldn't be a super power I would have to worry about sharing. My nails would grow out to a nice length. I would be able to get a book off the shelf without having to get my husband or daughter to dust it off and wipe it down with a damp cloth first. I would not nearly die walking into my son's room. And I would have a lovely yard, because a clean house is clean inside and out!


Oh, to be a kid again and want to be able to shape-shift or walk through walls. No, no, it's goodbye soap scum for me.



1 comment: